Monday, November 24, 2008

THEY ARE AT THE SAME TABLE AND NOT TALKING!

When my husband and I wasdating back when we were in Penang Island, we used to go everywhere in our honda motorcycle. We will talk and talk and talk more, wherever we are! For meals most days we go to our favourite shop tucked away in Bayan Lepas, and used to watch couples both young and old at other tables. One of the games we used to play is to create imaginary lives by looking at other couples. Once we noticed this couple with 2 children at the table having their meals. They look probably married for 10 years or so, and throughout dinner they only uttered 2 words or so. And I remember telling my boyfriend then, that I hope we wont get to a point where we wont have nothing much to say to each other. That would be very sad!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Ahmoo, I think sometimes me and hubby is also like that.. quite. Actually both of us busy thinking in our heads, me about my cakes, as usual.. but still nice to have someone even when we are not talking to each other. :) anyway, hv u moved yet ?

Anonymous said...

ahmoo ur right.....
yasmin is also right.....

FleetingMoments said...

hi yasmin, you are right. there is a comfortable silence and there is the nothing to talk about silence. i suppose i was referring to the latter. the comfortable silence comes when 2 person can enjoy each others company without saying anything! Hey woman have movedlah, 3 wks now. when u coming?