Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Thy Name is My Healing O My God

My best friend of 31 years called me and said her pap smear result does not seem good according to her doctor, and told her to go for another check up. She was told that it may be early stages of cancer. She called and told me this and cried. And I felt my world crumbling. The first thing that came to my mind is that she can't die she has 3 young children. Then I thought she cant die we havent spent enough time together as we have been busy with our lives, work..etc...Have we taken each other for granted?? And then I told her I will come with you for the check up and will be there for you. I felt I needed to be there with her every step of the way. This was one week ago. And I have been praying for her health. I hope that its just some infection and nothing more. It aslo made me make my own appointment for a pap smear and ultrasound as  I have been procastinating it, feeling almost invincible. It made me realise that Health is utmost important...and without it we have nothing...As mothers we need to be in the best of health, to be there for our children and family and our friends...And keeping Healthy is going to be way up my list of things this year...

1 comment:

thilaga said...

Yes..have we taken each other for granted?!!!..my days has not been the same since I heard that news...Prayed for her everyday..