Sunday, April 10, 2011

Arjoonha turned 8

My oldest son just turned 8 yesterday! We had a party at home with his favorite food and cake and closes friends! He was at his happiest andneclaimed everything was absolutely awesome! Andto top it all he got toys that he wanted, UNO spin and another spin game..and has been raving about it since last nit. And to make things better one of his good friends stayed the night, so when they woke up this morning the excitement of playing with the new toys are even better. Seeing him so happy makes it all worthwhile. Every year I get excited about my childrens birthday and throwing them a fun party and tends to spend quite a bit ..this year I kind of scaclee back on the scale of the whole thing.for a few reasons. One I do not want my kids to relate happiness to spending money, I want them to know simple things can make them happy and also to focus on the important things, such as relationship and hospitality! Cakes can be so expensive about rm80-100.. Hhis time I baked his favorite butter cake with buttercream icing..he loved it ...and we had simpler party packs, home organized games and the winners get a gift each, like board games..the biggest expenses was in getting strawberries. That is arjoonha favorite fruit! So we had chocolate fondue with lots of strawberries of course. We had fried chicken, glass noodles fried, popish and cheesy wedges. And domino's pizza! ..kids had a blast, we were very exhausted but then agan the objective was met. Arjoonha had a memorable party with his standard two friends! My baby has turned 8.. And I wish he will grow up to be a God fearing and mankind loving human being and to live life passionately more then anything else!

No comments: