Saturday, April 14, 2012

Incorporating Fruits in every meal

I was watching River Cottage about incorporating fruits in our meals. I have been trying to do this. my oldest boy have been drinking fruit juices for breakfast before school a few times week, need to make this a daily routine. So what better day then to indulge on breakfast then weekends!  I followed the recipe for drop scones from the show and it was great. It's really like American pancakes, smaller in shape and what I do was to smear them,\ with honey and a squeeze of lemon juice and topped them with strawberries and banana slices. My son had 7 of them! Truly yummy! I really didnt follow the measurements I used:

200gm of self raising flour
2 tablespoon of brown castor sugar
2 tablespoons of olive oil
2 eggs
Whisked them all with enough milk to make a smooth better with the consistency to scoop and drop into a pan



 

No comments: