Tuesday, May 01, 2012

We need to be reminded...

Sometimes we need to be reminded that we have much to be thankful for. Yes I may have wanted it differently even had it differently, and then I am reminded to be thankful. This last week when we were at my sisters house she brought us to a home for prayers. This family of 3 lived in a small low cost apartment with no lights at the staircase, rubbish strewn all over a tiny place. Both my sons were with me and I can see my oldest one observing the surrounding and taking it all in. And I felt humbled,  they were so gracious in welcoming us and serving us with whatever they have. And I also used that moment to teach my children to be thankful for what we have and to realise that not all out there has much. Today we were at a morning devotional when a parents brought their daughter who is severely ill with cancer for the devotional and although the young lady's eyesight is failing she insisted to read a prayer. And it made me feel that sometimes how we let our sleepiness and a little tiredness stop us from attending prayers, when we can never know that  we may not be able to do it one day. Sometimes I need to be reminded..And I am truly grateful for all that I have.

No comments: