Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Gun Cat or Gantt Chart


When I was at my first job at Baxter Healthcare the very first assignment I received was to manage the renovation of the cafeteria. For a fresh graduate like me to manage a 1million project was a big thing. I was very proud of it. My boss at that time (a very nice lady, Beh Gaik Kee), told me to do a Gun Cat (yes I heard it as Gun Cat and that is the first time I heard that word). I then learnt about it from a fellow colleague annd then found out it was 'Gantt Chart'. That was the beginning of my Gantt Charting days, and I have been using Gantt Charts for all the major moves in my life. When I got married I had a Gantt Chart on 'mahjong paper' across my living room to prepare for the big day; when I was pregnant with Arjoonha I had a Gantt Chart to prepare the to buy's and to do's before the baby arrives; when we moved to our current apartment I had a Gantt Chart to plan for the move, and now that I have confirmed the purchase of a house (YES, YES, we have paid the booking fee for the house), I will definitely be happily Gantt Charting away. Thanks to Gaik Kee for the first introduction to Gantt Chart! You can google to find many samples on how to do a Gantt Chart.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

HAHAHA it is so funny. Only you will think of GUN CAT for chart. But you learned...

FleetingMoments said...

Hey I was a fresh graduate out of Translation and MassCommunication. No exposure to Gantt Chart. But now I can teach you a thing or two.

Anonymous said...

You always come out withe funny stuff but learned out of it...remember in one of your first jobs you made coffee when you boss asked for copies....
kah kah kah

FleetingMoments said...

yeah i remember. sigh.

Unknown said...

i am surprised that you can find the time to blogg with your hefty schedule. but anyway i had a good time reading thru them. i guess you understand a person differently when it is put in writing. happy blogging. bhaarat and arjoonha look great.

FleetingMoments said...

blooging helps unclog the mind,because you kind of vomit it out somewhere. those days it was diary, now blogginglah!